Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

12.23.2010

Almost Christmas

"So many 25th's of December
Just as many 4th of July's
And we're still holding it together
After everything that's gone by
There's still no one saying goodbye
Though another year has gone by"
Another year has gone by - Celine Dion


 Hello friends~ First, let me start off for apologizing for the terrible gap in postings. 
There has been allot going on in my quaint life the past month causing me to put Photography on hold for a time. Although, I have some exciting plans coming up for the very near future! You may notice my blog has changed a bit (professionally one day :p) Logo has been altered and hold your breath~ I'm devoting a mass amount of time on creating a website of my very own! :) Growing up is fun to do. 
So maybe the gap wasn't such a bad thing? eh?


Christmas is nigh approaching! The count down is nearing a close, and there's still no snow in our little town. If I may petition you God, I'm 66% sure the rest of Cedar is praying for snow. Could you spare a few storms for us?

Last night we set up a little charlie brown tree. (with all gratitude to my lovely Ma. Love you ma! )
I got to thinking as I watched my dad tinsel the tree, strand by strand as Kelan, Meagan and I bulbed the poor little plant to the heap. 'This is a very different kind of Christmas.'


Two years ago we were a family under one roof. We had a Christmas Tree.. two i believe. There were presents under the tree and snow outside our windows. 
This year, My mother lives In a casida, alone, in St George. My brother is housing his inlaws, my sister took her turn housing her siblings and our mother for a time; Meagan and I lived in the below tempature garage that we fittingly named "the Cathedral", at my brothers place; My parents will have been divorced for the second Christmas, and Meagan, Jamon, Kelan, and I moved into My Dad's humble abode. 


After all this- I decided, This Christmas is my favorite
It's a different kind of Christmas, but i wouldn't change it- except for the snow part *fingers crossed*-
 You see, even through the PMS, dad's date nights, the temptation to strangle each other, our battling fits, miscommunation, living arrangements, missing members and our 'different' life. 
I still wake up every morning anxious for the laughs, group P90x evenings, Hearing my brothers comparing muscles; I wait to watch my dad play the drums and learn guitar via You tube with my siblings- photo shoots in the rain & Daisy's hair stuck in the carpet ( its more of a laughable pet peeve now ).


We love each other. Of that I'm sure. I love my family with everything I can, and I know that they love me in return. Could I ever ask for anything more?
God has been good to us; I'd be ridiculously blind not to see that. 




So, Merry Christmas all. Let's shake up the happiness and enjoy this Christmas time.
Snow?

P.s. Meag and I had a short little shoot yesterday afternoon, hence the photos. I'm sure she get's more lovely day to day.

Heres a little Christmas joy for you all. I can't seem to get enough of this video or the song. Soo beautiful!















2 comments:

  1. love the post and the video, merry christmas dear sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaina,

    I don't know how I ever missed this...But I absolutely LOVE it! Its now my favorite Christmas song for my 2011 year!!! ha ha even though its on your 2010 page. You really have a talent for finding great music and inspirational pieces of work....you are a true aficionado!!

    ReplyDelete